Recap

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm finally getting around to my recap of Blogger Happy Hour (yes, it was 5 days ago). I've been such a slacker lately.

I met a few new people, which was great. Carrie M is awesome, DCVita is hot, and FreckledK in no way resembles her avatar (that's a compliment, by the way). I also had the pleasure of meeting KOB (from DC Blogs), who seemed content to just stand back and watch the craziness (can't say I blame him). It was Kassy's birthday, and V brought an amazing cake (which was yummy, by the way). Poor HomeImprovementNinja was picked on by Velvet about his "European" sweater, but he took it very well. AW and I mostly chilled at the table with Heather B and WiB and watched some almost-drama unfold. BettyJoan unfortunately had to leave early, but did make an appearance. I vaguely remember chatting with Joe Logon, Red, and VP of Dior, but I was a little tipsy by that time- I had taken Brunch Bird's suggestion (at least I think it was her suggestion) and asked the bartender for my drink (Tanqueray & Tonic) in a large glass with double tonic, but I think she misunderstood and doubled the Tanqueray instead. I saw Scarlett and Hey Pretty briefly.

I did not win best breasts, but did tie Kathryn for best grammar. And a tie with the queen bee in any category is an honor.

All in all, it was a good time, and I-66 is doing a great job of organizing these things. There seem to be more and more people at every one.

11 comments:

Anonymous,  12/13/2006 11:45:00 AM  

Aww you are sweet :) It was great to meet you, though I wish we had a chance to chat some more. Hope to do it again soon!

Kathryn Is So Over 12/13/2006 11:48:00 AM  

So good to see you!

And you know I was flattered just to be nominated. I think we all deserve the title. :)

Melissa 12/13/2006 12:06:00 PM  

Watched some almost drama unfold? What? What was that? I must have missed it.

KassyK 12/13/2006 12:29:00 PM  

Oh Velvet. :) Was great to spend time with you Ash. I love seeing you so happy.

Carrie M 12/13/2006 08:32:00 PM  

no, ash, *you* are awesome! looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Anonymous,  12/13/2006 08:51:00 PM  

I'm sorry we couldn't talk! you were in that booth thingy ... not the best spot for mingling :) Next time - let's catch up!

Carl Spackler 12/13/2006 08:52:00 PM  

clearly this vote was rigged. you should have won for best breasts. i only wish i still lived in arlington :(

make that a double :( :(

Brunch Bird 12/13/2006 10:42:00 PM  

Ooh, that doesn't sound like my suggestion. The way you actually got it? That would have been my idea.
Great seeing you ;-)

Anonymous,  12/14/2006 06:45:00 AM  

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Better luck next year on that "Best Breasts" award.

Anonymous,  12/14/2006 11:43:00 AM  

That's it. I'm planning a blogger happy hour in NYC.

Unknown 12/15/2006 11:07:00 AM  

Any Pictures Ash? Those of us who aren't lucky enough to live near you guys would Love to see some/all of you. BTW I nominate you for Bravest Blogger (with Best Boobies) for "stripped" The "BBwBB" award is coveted by all but earned by few.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP