Sicko

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I know this story has been covered to death, but I need to put my two cents in. It's pretty obvious that Michael Vick was, in fact, involved in this, and it makes me sick to my stomach. I honestly wish I hadn't read the full article, namely the details of what happened to the dogs who lost fights, but unfortunately I did. And I've been disgusted since.

I have never been able to hear news of animal abuse without crying. Yes, I know, I'm a total sap who cries about everything. But animals are innocent. They are not malicious. They are not spiteful. And they certainly do not deserve to be treated like this- ever. I keep picturing those poor dogs and the way they died and I can't stop thinking about it. I firmly believe that anyone who could do something so heinous to an animal deserves to be shot in the head. Harsh, yes. But so is the fact that that person could do something so cruel and disgusting to another living being- and a completely innocent one at that.

And I know, innocent until proven guilty. But we all know our legal system is pretty much broken, and that Michael Vick will probably not get much more than a fine and a slap on the wrist. This is a man that children look up to. He's a star. And the fact that, knowing that he is idolized, he could be involved in something like this is shameful. It's sick.

So, Michael Vick, if you're out there, you disgust me. You are the worst kind of person imaginable. You are someone who can hurt (and probably profit from the pain and suffering) an innocent creature. I hope you rot in hell, you sick bastard.

And anyone who agrees, if you haven't already done so, please go here and sign the petition. (Thanks to Beakerz and Velvet for posting this earlier)

4 comments:

Beakerz 7/24/2007 08:13:00 PM  

i was just about to say: poor doggies.

we must be on the same wave this week.

anyway, glad it's catching on. I'm telling all my friends. I hope Vick never sees the light of day, much less those Sunday Night Lights.

and the rest of his 'friends', even Portis (if he was involved) can go there too.

Even as much as I love my Skins =\

Johnny 7/25/2007 12:24:00 PM  

Dear Ashburnite,

Do you like to do it doggie style?

Your faithful readers want to know.

muhaha! :9

JDC

ps- my word verification is boddroq. hmm!

Anonymous,  7/26/2007 05:35:00 AM  

If Michael Vick had killed hundreds of unborn children no one would be giving a shit. Instead, because of a horrible sport that took place on his property happened he is son of the devil or something while other people take human life without a second thought.

Ashburnite 7/26/2007 06:22:00 AM  

velvet- you and me both, hun.

beakerz- do you think Portis is involved at all? I hope not. personally, I think that anyone who attended the dog fights should also be punished.

johnny- that's a pretty person question, ay? I'm not answering that, but nice try :-)

anon- are you serious? If he was killing babies, everyone would be outraged. but then again, he would probably still have assholes like you defending him. If you don't have anything useful to say, don't bother commenting. And you'll have to come up with a much better argument than that. Idiot.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP