I'm Good

Friday, September 08, 2006

Today is Day 4, and I am feeling so much better. Maybe it's because I went out last night, got tipsy, and smoked a few cigs- and hated it. Honestly, every cigarette I had tasted like shit and made me feel nauseous. I woke up during the night and felt like there was a pile of bricks on my chest, and almost threw up this morning (no, not a hangover- I wasn't that drunk). The morning commute cigarette that I've still been allowing myself to have- I couldn't finish it this morning. I've had a total of 2 today. And, honestly, I'm not really craving them as much. So yay!

And, for those of you that didn't know- I have a "quitting buddy." We are both on day 4, and the odd thing is- we didn't discuss it beforehand, it just happened that we were both quitting on the same day. So stop over and wish her luck as well.

9 comments:

Carl Spackler 9/08/2006 02:57:00 PM  

hip hip hoorray for you. hopefully you can keep the momentum going through the weekend.

Ashburnite 9/08/2006 03:04:00 PM  

carl- thanks...now if only I had something to put in my mouth all weekend......

allan 9/08/2006 06:59:00 PM  

Congrats!! That is great news!! Try carrot sticks to keep yourself occupied over the weekend. Err wait, were you going for an innuendo type response? Try a nice thick salami ;).

KassyK 9/08/2006 08:32:00 PM  

Good luck sweetie!! Jolly ranchers and sweet tarts tended to work for me. That is huge that it made you sick...I still miss the smoke and the smell (sick I know) so I know it will be easier for you to stay done once you have quit. Good luck to your quitting buddy as well. :-)

Anonymous,  9/08/2006 09:53:00 PM  

I'm so proud of you, Lady A (that's my new nickname for you now that you've kicked the habit)!!!!!

Sounds like your system is doing you a huge favor by having such a strong reaction to the cigarettes. I know people who haven't smoked for years yet they still seem to be dying for a smoke.

Either way, I'm rooting for you. ;)

AlienCG 9/08/2006 09:56:00 PM  

Congratulations, I may attempt to become your quitting buddy as well. I have more important things to spend my money on now.

DCVita 9/09/2006 11:43:00 AM  

GOOD FOR YOU! I am really proud of your commitment and I hope that you get through the weekend. If you ever need encouragement, I'm here for you! It takes a lot of strength to control your mind!

Brunch Bird 9/10/2006 10:44:00 AM  

Good job. Weekends are probably the hardest so good luck!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP