I'm jumping on the bandwagon....

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

...and encouraging everyone to get out and vote (democrat). It doesn't matter who you vote for (democrat), just as long as you do it. And, since my friend Carl Spackler posted a quote by a republican, I will as well. From Urban Dictionary, today's word of the day:

November 07, 2006: Macacahttp://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Macaca&defid=1917720

A racial slur used by Senator George Allen, which literally means "monkey." Recently used by the Senator while campaigning in [Virginia].While campaigning, Senator George Allen made the following remark about one of his constituents -- an Indian American [UVA] student who was born and raised in Virginia, who was filming the event: "This fellow here over here with the yellow shirt, Macaca, or whatever his name is. He's with my opponent... Lets give a welcome to Macaca, here. Welcome to [America] and the real world of Virginia."

And, on that note, my hotel is hosting the election party for Jim Webb (George Allan's competition), which hopefully will be a victory party. We are supposed to have a very special guest (sorry, no hints), so I have volunteered to stay late and help in the lobby, hoping that maybe, just maybe I'll get to meet this special guest.

And speaking of guests, one very thoughtful guest gave me a present today- some Philosophy products. I had helped her out with some reservations, up-graded her room to a suite, and basically made sure everything was set for her. I mention this, because since our reservations supervisor is out on maternity, I have been taking over those responsibilities (basically doing two very demanding jobs), and this is the first time a guest has thanked me for going out of my way to help them. I make these kind of arrangements all of the time, yet not very many people seem to appreciate it. The fact that she was so appreciative really put a smile on my face. Just think of that next time someone really puts in the effort to help you- a small sign of appreciation will probably make their day.

6 comments:

E :) 11/07/2006 05:17:00 PM  

Who was that you wanted people to vote for? I don't think you made it clear enough. LOL!

NotCarrie 11/07/2006 06:55:00 PM  

I voted! But I won't say for who. Just in general...I won't say:)

Anonymous,  11/07/2006 08:58:00 PM  

I so wish I could've voted but my registration wasn't completed in time. Which basically means I suck!

AlienCG 11/07/2006 10:27:00 PM  

I did not vote today.

Actually, since I'm in Arkansas, I voted absentee last week. Like notcarrie, I will state who I voted for either.

Carl Spackler 11/08/2006 11:01:00 AM  

what an exciting election! although, it saddens me when i think about all the negative campaigning that took place. i would expect that in high school, not on a national level.

virginia is now becoming a split state...with Northern VA being democratic and the rest of the state republican.

should make for some interesting elections in the future.

Kirsten 11/13/2006 01:15:00 PM  

Hey you...just wanted to let ya know I VOTED...LOL (DEMOCRATIC, EVEN)...I miss ya, and sorry I haven't been around lately...I hope your feeling and doin well...take care girl..
BIG HUGSSSSSSSS

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP