Oh No You Didn't....

Friday, November 03, 2006

Ok, so I wasn't going to touch all of this drama, but I can't help it any more. You mess with my friends, you mess with me. It seems a certain no-talent douche has been criticizing other bloggers like crazy this week. Now, every once in a while the guy brings someone up and bashes on them, but it's gone too far now. Some of you guys may remember him as the asshat who basically called me a snarky bitch when I praised Kathryn's representation of DC bloggers on NBC4. This is also the same guy who kisses everyone's asses at happy hours, and begs them to blogroll him (I'm guessing the guy is desperate for traffic). He also has tried (unsuccessfully) to start a few blogwars, namely between KAC and Jessica Cutler, all the while constantly kissing KAC's ass.

Lately, he has been criticizing the likes of Kathryn, DCB, Wonkette (he's just bitter because they never link to him), FishbowlDC, DCist, KassyK, and Velvet to name a few. Basically, all of the bloggers he's so desperate to be friends with. After reading the anon comments (most likely written by him to make it appear that he actually has traffic on his pathetic trainwreck) on his most recent dig, I was thoroughly disgusted. It's one thing to get into a debate with a blogger because you don't agree with their opinions. It's another to stoop so low as to criticize their appearance, especially in such a crude, disgusting way. I'm not even going to link to it, though, because I don't want that shit getting any attention and I sure as hell don't want to give that tool any traffic.

And now he is calling them the Plastics and cliquey. Well, let me tell you something, BHR- I have only been to two blogger happy hours, mostly because of my shyness. I was terrified to go to one because I have never fit in..... I have never been part of the "popular" crowd. I'm too shy and quiet. But I finally went to one- alone. I walked into Gazuza and headed straight for the bar for some liquid courage. Then, I spotted Kathryn, DCB, V, and DC Cookie near the back of the bar. I summoned the courage and walked up to them. Well, to my surprise, Kathryn recognized me right away and was so incredibly nice. She introduced me to everyone, and everyone was friendly and welcoming. Then I found Kassy. We had been chatting, and I had some idea of how nice she was, but even that paled in comparison to the real Kassy. She is possibly one of the sweetest people I've ever met. And genuine. I also met Velvet, who is now a very good friend.

These people seem cliquey to you, BHR? Maybe you should think about why they don't want you in their blog rolls. Or, why Wonkette won't link to you. Maybe it's because you don't write anything original or personal. You just spew boring blogger news and try to start shit with people. And no one wants to be around that kind of person. And from the perspective of someone who has never been part of the popular crowd? These people are some of the nicest, most welcoming and encouraging people I have ever met. So back off and get a life. Oh, and stop hitting on Virgle Kent. He's never going to sleep with you.

11 comments:

KassyK 11/03/2006 12:22:00 PM  

Thank you. :-) I love you. You know if I was able to write exactly how I felt without repurcussion it would look something like this so I applaud you for your TRUE anger and honesty. :-)

Melissa 11/03/2006 01:32:00 PM  

Skank Whore checking in! Present and accounted for...

Who uses the word skank anyway? What year is it, 1988? Are we wearing legwarmers or what?

Shit, I have my share of haters in this blog world. People see a good thing and they want it too - but they don't realize, it takes work, dedication, and commitment. Of course the "popularity" happened to me by accident, I just date and snark, and I got attention. But, as we can see from the password, attention whore I am not, I'm more than happy to close it off to just a few friends. Thereby inciting more anger in the haters. Wahhhh...I can't read the blog, wahhhhh.

Good lord, these people irk me. But, I suspect there are far fewer haters than we may have originally thought.

Carl Spackler 11/03/2006 02:00:00 PM  

that was a great blog. its a shame that there are people out there who are like that.

peace out yo!

Kathryn Is So Over 11/03/2006 02:03:00 PM  

Thanks, Ashburnite. I stopped reading that site yesterday. I heard things were getting ugly, but I'm blissfully unaware.

Little tip to anon-fakers: comments rarely come through 10pm - 6am. For almost ALL the nastiness to come through "anonymously" in those time frames is suspicious at best, pathetic for sure.

kisses

Eric 11/03/2006 02:54:00 PM  

This like the third post I've read today ripping on this dude, I wish I had any clue what was going on because I love me some good old fashioned hate.

Anonymous,  11/03/2006 03:00:00 PM  

Blog wars!

Rachel 11/03/2006 05:09:00 PM  

Ash ~ I have an anon hater that loves to try and bash me on White Dades blog. I am so tired of it but every once in a while I have to laugh and poke and the chihuahua that is barking like a rottweiler and watch the cycle start all over again.

Anonymous,  11/03/2006 06:19:00 PM  

I just want to give a lil' advice here, as I have been dealing with one blogger in particular who's desperate for my attention so I'll write about her and link to her.

Do not feed into this drama. Have your private, offline conversation about what psychotic twats they are, but do not do it publicly. These people don't get it and they never will. They will continue to tell their story making themselves the victim and you guys the bullies.And when you do write about them it just fuels their bottomless need for attention. You make them feel important when you write about them, which is why they do it. In their real lives, they are insignifigant.

And they know it. And they hate it.

I love my blog, but if it wasn't such a traffic driver for my business, I'd have closed it a long time ago. The drama can be exhausting.

Anonymous,  11/03/2006 08:39:00 PM  

Yeah, I'm with Eric. I wish I knew which douche we were referring to, here. But he obviously got what he deserved.

Nice job, Ash. :)

NotCarrie 11/05/2006 05:06:00 PM  

This stuff is all so crazy. I don't understand why people have time to sit around being assholes.


This is a good post:) Sticking up for your boos.

Jada 11/09/2006 08:39:00 PM  

Oh my God. I am laughing my ass off over here at one of these comments in particular. Oh yeah, I asked her to write about me initially. I was begging for it. Too bad I had never heard about her until she wrote about me. I love how things get twisted around. So funny.

Don't worry too much Asburnite, there will always be trolls around, but it is nice of you to defend your friends.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP