The roommate chronicles Part II

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

So last time, I talked about my roommate first semester freshman year. After that semester, I moved into the dorms with one of my sorority sisters, Vicki. Vicki had a fiance, Chris, who was a year younger, so he was still in high school. Which, for most women, would mean that she spent most nights in her room or in the library, being a good girlfriend. Vicki was not most women. She was a certified "frat mattress." We went out at least four nights a week, and she would bring home a guy at least twice a week. Usually different guys. And when we would come back to the room, there would always be more than a few messages from Chris- normally whining into the machine "Viiiiickiiii.....wheeeeerrre arrrrre youuuuuu...." or crying (literally) about how much he missed her, or singing "I just called....to say.....I love you" every. single. night. He was the single most spineless guy I have ever met. She would play these messages in front of whatever guy she brought home. Then she would proceed to have sex with him in her bed- about five feet from me- while I tried to sleep.

She even once called Chris, after a fight, while having sex with a guy- and told him she was sleeping with someone else. He came the next weekend and begged her to forgive him. Oh, and the reason she was mad at him? The fight that drove her to call him while screwing a Phi Sig guy? That fight was because Chris wanted to come on Valentines day weekend, get a hotel room, and have a romantic weekend and Vicki had other plans for that weekend- namely, making her way through a good portion of the Pi Lam brothers.

She was also one of those people who has a new "best friend" every month. I swear, if all of the people she asked to be her maid of honor actually ended up in her wedding, she would have had half our sorority in her wedding party.

Now, I didn't really have a huge problem with her, other than the revolving door that was our dorm room, and we actually were friends, but I definitely learned quite a bit from her- namely, the kind of person I never, ever want to be. What I could never figure out, though, was what made her the way she was. Why she would stay with a guy like Chris (spineless), and continually treat him like shit. I also could never decide if she actually enjoyed the way she treated him, or whether she was just confused (or psychotic).

8 comments:

Aliecat 1/31/2007 09:23:00 AM  

She treated him that way because he allowed it. I think she was testing his limits and found that he had none. Some women love this type of guy. It gives them a feeling of power in a world where they feel they have none.

Rachel 1/31/2007 10:23:00 AM  

Wow..she had her cake and ate it too. She sure was ballsy. You gotta give her that.
I am sure she was given much more than that during her sexual escapades.

Nicoel 1/31/2007 10:24:00 AM  

I agree with Aliecat. I dated a guy kinda like Chris and I'll admit that I did like to test him to see just how much he would let me get away with

Although I wasn't sleeping with half the Greek population to prove my point

Carl Spackler 1/31/2007 12:48:00 PM  

i want you to know i am a Phi Sig. i think that is hilarious. as you can tell we are a fraternity with high morals and integrity.

David in DC 1/31/2007 03:54:00 PM  

When my high school sweetheart got married, she had a full table of ex-boyfriends at the reception (8 guys).

I wasn't at that table.

I sat at a table of 4 couples. As we compared notes, we realized that she'd slept with three out of the four guys at our table, too.

It wasn't the greatest surprise on the planet when that marraige ended in divorce over infidelity.

Unknown 2/03/2007 03:58:00 PM  

Sigh....I was with a girl in college that played boyfriend messages like that while we were together. I regret to say that I laughed at the calls. They dated through high school then came the college years. What have I done Ash......what have I done....

Anonymous,  2/05/2007 03:57:00 AM  

Good article today NIA. The truth is, your old roommate is an extremely selfish and insecure person. Somewhere along the line, someone broke down her self concept, and when she had a boyfriend like Chris in her life, she had no way to relate to his positive treatment of her. The only possible answer was the be the worst girlfriend she could be and sabotage the relationship utterly - thus allowing her to remain comfortable in her self-hating and insecure mode.

minijonb 2/08/2007 10:08:00 AM  

Have you ever bumped into Vicki at a reunion or sorority get-together? In would be interesting to see if she still pulls that shit on guys.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP