Eek...No Internet

Monday, June 05, 2006

So Saturday night I was at a party when my roommate calls me and tells me that the internet isn't working (I'm "tech support" for our apt.). I go through the steps with her (check to make sure the modem is plugged in and all of the lights are on, reset the modem, etc.). Still not working. So yesterday afternoon when I woke up (yes- afternoon- Saturday night was a rockstar night) I try it again. No dice. So the roommie calls Cox Cable and apparently there is a county-wide outage. The thing is, this is the 3rd time in the past 4 months that there has been such an outage- and they always seem to start on a Saturday night. And I checked this morning- still out. Long story short- I had no internet, so there were no posts this weekend- and if the shit isn't working by the time I get home today, someone at Cox is going to get an earful from a very angry blogger.

6 comments:

Betty 6/05/2006 10:50:00 AM  

Something needs to keep you from emailing mr. monster cock. I seem to remember hearing a story from White Dade about another craigslist poster you emailed to fuck around with him (not literally, but mentally). Wasn't he a repbulican or something? What happened to that? You didn't write about it.

Anonymous,  6/05/2006 01:26:00 PM  

oh the horror! i get cranky as well when my wireless acts up.

AlienCG 6/05/2006 02:44:00 PM  

I had an Internet situation like that on Thursday, but not for the same amount of time. I got home early from Toledo and turned on my laptop. No connection. I ran upstairs, unplugged the modem, plugged it back in and still nothing. After unplugging the modem, the router and restarting the computer, it finally worked. But we had a very short power outage and I had to jump through the hoops all over again.

Anonymous,  6/05/2006 04:57:00 PM  

Count on this nonsense with Cox Cable. I get my broadband from them too and there are unexplained intermittent outages at least once every coupla months. Sometimes the cable goes too.

(And the microwave, but that's usually only after I've tried to make s'mores wrapped in tinfoil. I guess I can't really blame Cox for that.)

Cox is pretty good about giving you a day or two's credit on the next month's bill, so long as you're willing to wait interminably on the phone at an inconvenient hour to talk to someone who doesn't really care and doesn't think customer service incudes an apology.

Lebatron 6/05/2006 07:27:00 PM  

I don't know how we'll go on without you if you loose the internet for too long ;)

Anonymous,  6/06/2006 10:46:00 PM  

COUNTY? WIDE?

Dude, that is just TOTALLY unacceptable!!

Did they even bother to give much of an explanation as to WHY the entire county experienced a disconnect? You don't have to answer that. ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP