Must Have Been the Slaw...

Friday, June 23, 2006

So yesterday was our sales "retreat." Although, a day at one of our sister properties in the area can't really be considered a retreat, especially when we find out that morning that said property was hosting all of our regional VP's from corporate. Great. We each had to do a presentation about our new brand initiatives. Nothing major, but I HATE speaking in front of people. Anyways, the presentations were over by lunch, then we all took "Cute Boss" to David Greggory for a pricey going-away lunch. Yes, I'm sad to say, Cute Boss is moving to Phoenix. So so so sad. I was hoping to at least hook up a little with him, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. Oh well. Que sera sera.

Anyways, we get to the restaurant, and get our appetizers and drinks. Great apps, great mojitos. Well, most of us got the crabcake (with fries and slaw). Decent, definitely not the best one I've ever had, but not too bad. Well, we finish our lunch and drinks, then start the four block hike back to the hotel. By the second block, a few of us start feeling nauseous. I was sick all night. And all day today. And I'm still sick at 10:30 the next night. Fuck. I went to work this morning, but left early. Apparently, almost everyone who had the crabcake was sick. The only person who wasn't had spinach instead of slaw. Must have been the fucking slaw. The way I feel right now, I wish my floor would open up and swallow me. Silver lining? I think I've lost about 10 pounds since yesterday.

And by the way....50 bucks for a tiny crabcake is NOT a good deal, especially when you throw it up 30 minutes later.

10 comments:

mgc 6/23/2006 10:56:00 PM  

so sorry for your loss after 30 minutes. that is why i try to avoid anything that inhales the liquid they shit in! although, i do like crabcakes, i do avoid all seafood most of the time for fear that it will become seefood!

feel better. and btw, i am still smitten you clinton crush-er!

Ashburnite 6/23/2006 11:20:00 PM  

awww...thanks sweety. and I am still smitten as well (even tho you don't answer emails :-)

Nicoel 6/24/2006 12:21:00 AM  

Aw, that sucks that you're sick.

I'm kind of on a diet like that too, it's called being broke. Does wonders for the figure though...

apositivepessimist 6/24/2006 01:35:00 AM  

okay after my third time here I reckon I should comment :)

hmm the taste at around a buck sixty a minute. nope not a great investment huh. unless you can sue the bastids then it would be a sound investment ;)

mgc 6/24/2006 02:45:00 AM  

i answer e-mails baby. i just do it in my own sweet time ;p besides, i wasn't home for the last 2 hours. it is friday night after all and a man has got to prowl! (actually i went to in-n-out hamburgers and starbucks for the wife... she is working until 6am) but i did send you your request. not profound, but an answer.

Andy 6/24/2006 05:09:00 PM  

I paid $32 for 6 jumbo shrimp and ton of french frieds at this (incredibly over-priced) seafood place at Union Square. Typically I would never eat around Union Square, but my friend said "I know this GREAT seafood place!" That's the last time I trust someone from Philly to know a good place to eat in New York (to his credit, he had been there with a NYCer who took him there before).

I didn't throw up though...though I almost did when the bill came.

Anonymous,  6/24/2006 08:21:00 PM  

Guh, that's AWFUL!! So sorry, Ash. :(

And after all that you find out that Cute Boss is leaving. Really, could the whole retreat concept have gotten any more fouled up?

Let's cling to our silver linings... ;)

Anonymous,  6/24/2006 08:32:00 PM  

Oh, BlogMad hit!

Ashburnite 6/24/2006 11:36:00 PM  

g-bread- ahhh....I remember the "broke" diet from college. Does wonders for your figure.

app- thanks for visiting (and commenting). And yeah, $1.60 per minute definitely wasn't a good investment.

mgc- thanks...you are SUCH a sweety! And I would love to post that!

Ashburnite 6/24/2006 11:38:00 PM  

andy- it's always the expensive places with the shitty food, isn't it?

nic- I know, it couldn't have gone any worse, could it?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP