Good Times

Sunday, August 06, 2006


So Friday night, I made a last-minute decision to go to Happy Hour at Gazuza. And I'm glad I did. Had a great time. I was a little disappointed that Bad at Life didn't show up...I was really looking forward to meeting him. However, I did love meeting everyone else who was there. Met some new people, and finally met some blogger friends I've been chatting with for months. In attendace: KassyK (who's even prettier in person than in pics- if that's possible), Kathryn (really lives up to her Queen Bee status- she was so nice and the perfect hostess), DC Cookie (very funny), DC Bachelor, Circle V, Betty Joan, Heather B, Sally, Dasha (DCB's new intern- and really nice), and one of my new favorites- Velvet in Dupont. I also got to meet commenter Jay Gatsby- really nice guy, and cute. If I forgot anyone, I'm really sorry...had a few drinks, yanno. Everyone was really great.

I'm definitely happy I swallowed my social anxiety. Although, it was a little intimidating walking up to Kathryn, DCB, and V when I first got there; but they were all so nice.

And look for a joint project between yours truly and Velvet coming in the near future...as soon as we iron out the kinks.

11 comments:

AlienCG 8/06/2006 08:28:00 PM  

You sound like you had a lot of fun. It's fun to meet the people behind the avatars and the comments.

KassyK 8/06/2006 08:49:00 PM  

It was great to meet you too and thanks for the compliment!! You are too sweet. I was so drunk by the time you get there...so sorry I was not able to be as coherent as I would have liked to have fun. You are adorable. :-)

I-66 8/06/2006 09:01:00 PM  

[snicker]

Did you just say "iron out the kinks?" after mention of Velvet?

Sorry I missed it...

Melissa 8/06/2006 10:22:00 PM  

I'm glad you told that migraine to get lost and came out!

Is I66 making fun of me? Bad I66! Bad!

I-66 8/07/2006 07:55:00 AM  

Psh. Like I'd ever do that.

Anonymous,  8/07/2006 09:00:00 AM  

Sorry I missed it, next time!

None 8/07/2006 09:43:00 AM  

Yeah, I'd be afraid to meet bloggers from my state.

Anyway, I don't have much time left. In fact, only one more full day, and I'm gone.

Ashburnite 8/07/2006 10:08:00 AM  

acg- it certainly is. very interesting.

kassy- you were drunk? I honestly couldn't tell. I couldn't hear anything there, anyways, so any kind of conversation was pretty much out of the question. and thanks :-)

66- I was a little disappointed that you weren't there, too. And play nice. Velvet is my new friend.

velvet- a little nap took care of everything.

sweet- yeah, I missed meeting you, as well.

cody- safe travels. I bet you're excited to come back.

minijonb 8/07/2006 02:00:00 PM  

oh, you are so lucky, ash. you get to hang with HH friends in DC. i'm stuck here in cyberspace... where is happy hour in the blogosphere?
=;-)

Bad at Life 8/07/2006 02:51:00 PM  

Sorry. I hate to disapoint. We were having a going away party for my roommate. I do love the happy hours though. Expect to see me at the next one.

DC Cookie 8/07/2006 09:18:00 PM  

And here I thought I was going to take it easy. Never quite works out that way...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP