Lessons Learned

Monday, August 14, 2006

I learned a lot this weekend. Namely:

*When you book a hotel near the airport and have a full day to spend by yourself, sans car, make sure it is at least close to some retail stores, and not in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by nothing but corporate offices.

*When you plan on spending that day by yourself laying by the pool, make sure the hotel pool has something to lay on, and not just some uncomfortable, rusty, old, metal chairs.

*Going to a wedding with your very hot mom may result in her getting all of the attention from the groom's cute single friends (who are your age) while you hang out with your very cool and very fun, but very eccentric "aunt" (she's actually my dad's cousin, but I've always thought of her as an aunt).

*They are going to have beautiful children:














*Wedding receptions can be fun; especially if both families like to booze it up- open bar ALL night, baby.

*Never fly standby during peak times (like Sunday afternoon), otherwise you may spend the entire day, waiting and praying for a flight home, and worrying that you will have to spend the night at the airport, sans toiletries and a change of clothes.

*If you are stranded at an airport, hope that it isn't Pittsburgh Airport.

*Pittsburgh sucks.

7 comments:

Anonymous,  8/14/2006 02:25:00 PM  

Rusty chairs at a pool? Nast!

Ashburnite 8/14/2006 02:31:00 PM  

sweet- seriously. That sign by the pool should have said "for your safety, please make sure you've had a tetnis (sp?) shot.

Miss Scarlet 8/14/2006 02:50:00 PM  

Open bar all night? That's awesome!

minijonb 8/14/2006 02:53:00 PM  

i told you to skip flying with all those stupid restrictions and just pack yourself in a FedEx box, but did you listen to me? nooooo...
= ; - )

Ashburnite 8/14/2006 02:55:00 PM  

scarlet- indeed it was. lots of shots!

mjb- I know, I should have just fedexed myself. or better yet, packed myself in my luggage, since my luggage made it back to Dulles on time; whereas I didn't make it until 5 hours later.

Anonymous,  8/15/2006 10:06:00 AM  

Sending yourself by fax is cheaper, and your clothes definitely get nice solid creases in the process

Nicole 8/15/2006 07:38:00 PM  

Wow, Pittsburgh. That must have been REALLY riveting!

And I can just feel the bits of concrete grinding into my back at your description of the pool ammenities. Well at least it sounds like you enjoyed your time anyway.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP