Annoying Client

Friday, April 07, 2006

So I have spent the last few weeks dealing with this unbelievably demanding client. One of my responsibilities is to set up websites for meetings, so that the attendees can book their rooms online. There is a template and there are only certain fields that I can edit. Almost all of the sites for corporate meetings look exactly the same and it normally only takes about 10 minutes to build one. We have this client who has emailed me every day, and now wants a conference call today to tell us (myself, the sales manager, and the hotel manager) exactly what he wants on his site. I keep telling him that only certain fields can be edited and I have no control over the general design of the site. I am not a programmer, so even if I was able to edit the thing, I would have no idea how to. These sites are a FREE perk that we offer meeting planners, yet almost every single one complains about the sites. Honestly, why the fuck complain about something that is free and not offered to you by any other hotel you book with? What the fuck.

Anyways, the point of my story... as demanding as this guy is, you would think that he's planning some big important meeting, right? You'd be wrong. His event is a Pen Show. Yep, for people that collect pens. Pens. Bics. Are you kidding me? I can understand (kind of) people that collect model planes, kites, coins, hell even stamps. But pens?? Get a freaking life.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  4/07/2006 10:47:00 AM  

People collect pens? Are you serious? Although, you shouldn't be surprised by that guy's demands. Anyone who collects pens is bound to be anal retentive.

And the story about your client reminds me of when I had free cable in grad school. I had the ass end of the input split so some channels were grainy. One of my friends said I should call in and complain. Yeah, I'm sure that would've went over well. "Ummm, can you come and fix my shitty free cable?" The old saying is true, never look a gift horse, website or cable in the mouth.

Kirsten 4/07/2006 03:42:00 PM  

hey...there's a problem with collecting pens???? damn...

HEHEHHE
god, I love fuckin w/ you...lol..hey...I haven't talked to you in a couple of days...and of course I haven't updated, either...lol...THE SMOKER GOT HER LICENSE!!!!

HA...now I will die of a heartattack wondering if she's safe...this mother thing is for the birds...just to warn ya...
I gotta go read your other post..I will talk to ya later
:)Just me

Anonymous,  4/07/2006 07:01:00 PM  

Completely understand your pain. I used to work at an ad agency that designed want ads. Every two weeks a certain publication would run FREE ads for our clients. Yet these ingrates constantly complained about the FREE ad we designed as if we were providing a PAID service. That nonsense pissed me off to no end!

Tara 4/10/2006 03:49:00 PM  

Bic, bic, bic, that's all those pen guys ever do.

I can visualize the pen collectors having fancy, gold-plated pen cases with pens that write in solid gold. I'm still shocked that there are pen collector meetings. What do they talk about? Do they compare their pens? Do they discuss the new pens coming out?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP