Tagged...again

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I guess this is what I get for pointing out that Tara forgot to tag people. This one is the the "List 6 Interesting Facts About Yourself" meme. Not sure what would be considered interesting, but there are certainly some weird things about me. In fact, I'm going to have a hard time narrowing it down to just 6. But here goes:

1. I am freakishly good at math. Or rather, I used to be. Not so much anymore, since I started relying on Excel to do everything for me. But a friend used to call me "Rainman" because I could do complex math in my head. It's a side effect of the OCD. I'm obsessed with numbers- I count steps when I walk, I hate odd numbers (unless they are multiples of 5)- I won't leave the volume on the radio or tv at 7 or 9 or any other odd number not divisible by 5.

2. Apparently I'm a genius. I passed the test for MENSA, but never became a member. I went to a "meet & greet" and thought the people were so unbelievably dull and conceited that I didn't want to waste my money or time to belong to that group.

3. I am deathly afraid of clowns. Nothing's scarier than a clown. I also am afraid of spiders, confined spaces, and falling.

4. I am incredibly flexible. Years of stretching and yoga have made me VERY limber. I can even put my legs behind my neck.

5. I won't eat certain foods based soley on texture. I like sushi, but will not touch roe- the texture gives me the creeps. I also will not eat grits because of this.

6. There are certain words that I cannot say, due to my eclectic mix of accents (German, Jersey, North Carolina and Pennsylvania). Words such as "world" and "rural." I just avoid those words because people usually end up making fun of me.

So there- 6 of the many weird things about me. Actually, I'll give you a seventh, because it explains a lot about some of my blog posts:

7. I have severe ADD. My attention span is about 15 to 20 minutes. It made college very difficult.

Ok, so on to the tags:

Cody (thought you avoided that, huh?)
Nicole
Kirsten
MiniJonB
Bad @ Life
Johnson

12 comments:

Tara 4/18/2006 10:40:00 AM  

I don't like clowns either, but I have had nightmares about falling. I fear spiders enough to respect their personal space.

Anonymous,  4/18/2006 10:55:00 AM  

Which means that when we finally DO hang out, I'm going to make you say both "world" and "rural" (that's a word that I have trouble with too, by the way).

And this was a GREAT list. Way more awesome than I'll be able to pull off!

Bad at Life 4/18/2006 11:54:00 AM  

Wow, my first tagging. Thanks...I think. I was never very good at the interesting facts about myself on the first day of school...that's why I have other people write these things for me.

Ashburnite 4/18/2006 12:07:00 PM  

Tara- yeah, I try to respect a spider's personal space as well.

Nicole- good luck making me say those- I have come up with a ton of "alternate" words.

B@L- I'm sure you aren't 100% normal. I was always bad at it too- not so much that I couldn't think of anything, I just didn't want people to think I was weird. Now I embrace my inner freak.

Cody- haha...you really didn't think you could get away with pointing out that you hadn't been tagged, did you?

minijonb 4/18/2006 12:10:00 PM  

1. Hates being tagged.
2. Hates being tagged.
3. Hates...

Just kidding. I'm learning to love it.

FW 4/18/2006 04:20:00 PM  

I think my own fear of clowns stems from watching the film Poltergeist: being throttled under your own bed by a clown doll with massively long arms. My wife fears carousel horses, the wooden ones. She thinks they're sinister in the same way that clowns are.

AlienCG 4/18/2006 05:12:00 PM  

Don't worry, Ash, I am also excellent at math. Oh and, Hello everyone.

Ashburnite 4/18/2006 05:24:00 PM  

minijonb- come on, you know you love it...it's fun. sometimes.

furtive- maybe that's where my fear comes from. I honestly don't remember when or how it started, but i know I watched that movie when i was pretty young.

alien- nice to know i'm not alone. and welcome.

AlienCG 4/18/2006 05:58:00 PM  

I decided to answer this even though I wasn't tagged. So, I will allow everybody to see my answers.

CLICK HERE!!!

Anonymous,  4/19/2006 07:14:00 PM  

I think math in the head is up there with writing ability and standardized test scores in determining someone's true intellignece

Meltz

Ashburnite 4/20/2006 07:47:00 PM  

Alien- very interesting list.

Meltz- touche

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP