Fame (sort of)

Friday, April 21, 2006



So my little MySpace post got a LOT more attention than I had anticipated. I checked StatCounter at about 8:00 this morning and was shocked to see 478 hits already. So I looked at the visitor activity and realized I had made it onto Wonkette! Yay for me! So I obsessively checked my StatCounter all day, amazed at the number of hits and how quickly they were coming in. When all was said and done (at least as of the time of this post), I had over 1600 hits in less than 24 hours. I know for some blogs, this really isn't a lot of traffic. But for my little blog, it's a huge change from the usual 200 to 300 hits per day. I just hope it continues. And thank-you Wonkette for noticing my humble little blog. And I will definitely keep going with the MySpace posts.

9 comments:

Anonymous,  4/21/2006 11:20:00 PM  

Good job, Ash! Fame and notoriety abound!

Glad you blogged about it for all to see. ;)

Anonymous,  4/21/2006 11:20:00 PM  

By the way, that "nic" character is me and my inability to type when I'm this sleepy.

Kirsten 4/22/2006 09:03:00 AM  

you go girl...nothin wrong with someone appreciating what you do..lol...too funny...am definatly looking forward to more myspace crap...make sure you check first, tho..make sure none of them are of "the smoker" before you post it...lol..let me know beforehand...hahahhah...take care
:)Just me

Anonymous,  4/22/2006 02:03:00 PM  

Its only a matter of time before tose peopel in Alaska see it. Then the REAL fun begins...

Ashburnite 4/22/2006 10:05:00 PM  

Nicole- I just hope it keeps up.

Kirsten- don't worry- I think your daughter has much more class than that.

anon- yeah, I'm just waiting for the hate mail.

AlienCG 4/23/2006 06:06:00 PM  

Keep posting stuff like that and I may never leave. I used to think MySpace was useless, but now I see a good use of it.

Ashburnite 4/23/2006 06:34:00 PM  

Lebatron- thanks. It was certainly the highlight of my day.

Alien- not to worry. After all the traffic I got for that post, I will definitely be posting more like that.

J Anderson 4/24/2006 07:13:00 AM  

Well, my fame is getting onto Digg twice, Download Squad once and the Ajaxian twice.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP