Random Google Search

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I just checked my statcounter (as we bloggers do obsessively), and it's funny...everyone was just talking about the random google searches that brought people to their blogs. Well...this must be my wierdest: "moan zones." So I racked my brain, trying to figure out where the hell on my blog those two words appear, then checked the google results again...it was from my post "Holy Shit This is Accurate." Makes sense that it was something I copied and pasted...I knew I didn't actually type that anywhere.

I'm sure that guy was damn disappointed when he clicked on my blog and realized it was a horoscope.

7 comments:

Anonymous,  4/11/2006 09:48:00 PM  

I still need someone to explain how people even come up with these random phrases and text strings. Some of these Google searches have blown my mind!

Anonymous,  4/12/2006 08:15:00 AM  

While bored at work one day (go figure that), I was going through TAN's archives and he had a post similar to this one. Someone googled "Negro F*cking" and got to his site. Again, like Nicole says, who even comes up with these random phrases? Since I only have poor, pitiful Live Journal, I don't have a spiffy google search thing, but I assume most of my traffic comes from WD's blog.

None 4/12/2006 08:32:00 AM  

My weird one was "can I wear a thong in brevard county?"

Anonymous,  4/12/2006 10:40:00 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
minijonb 4/12/2006 12:55:00 PM  

I started using statcounter on April 1... I'm already a complete OCD fool, I didn't need to add this on top of everything. It's a curse more than anything.

johnson: Did they censor themselves in the search for "Negro F*cking" with the * character, or are you just being polite?

Anonymous,  4/12/2006 04:10:00 PM  

I was just being polite. The real guy didn't censor it. I was going through TAN's archives to find the link but totally forgot where it was. He had some equally as funny searches that people used to get to his blog but that was the only one I could remember.

minijonb 4/12/2006 06:41:00 PM  

update: I just found one of those strange search phrases via statcounter for one of my other blogs:

an MSN Search for "strip club grand rapids mi" will load up my 'blurry' blog on the first page. I know why this happened (a post about a downtown development that might die if a new strip club opens across the street) but I still think it's funny.

... strip clubs in the city drives traffic to my blog... awesome!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP