Male Blogger Personalities

Monday, July 17, 2006

It goes without saying that I adore all of my blogger friends, for all different reasons. You don't have to be a seasoned blogger to realize that all bloggers can be divided into different categories. A few of my favorite male bloggers fall into several categories. I've compiled a short list of the basic male blogger types, and the men I adore who fit into each category.

The Guy You'd Love to Date: This guy is so sweet, funny, and insightful that he'd make the perfect boyfriend. When you're down, he leaves sweet comments to brighten your day. When you cheering up, you can always go to his blog and find something to make you smile.
Examples: minijonb, mgc, aliencg, Ricardo.

The Writer: Although you may not agree with what he is saying, there's no denying that this blogger can write. The words just seem to come naturally to him. Whether he's writing an ode to his baby blue Saturn, or a post about a smoking chimp, he has your attention. Sometimes he offends you, but you always respect the guy's ability to put his thoughts into words.
Examples: White Dade, Bad at Life, Waiter.

The Random Thoughts guy: He doesn't stick to one subject or one writing style (sometimes not even in the same post). This guy keeps you coming back because you have absolutely no idea what he is going to post next. And it always turns out to be some insight into something you hadn't even considered. Some of these guys seem to suffer from ADD, but they always keep you entertained.
Examples: cody, mgc, I-66, Johnson, Raincouver, Andy, Brewer Patriot, Sammy.

The 'He really can't be that cocky' guy: This guy seems cocky and arrogant, but normally it's just his form of humor. There are times when you read his blog and think, "he really can't be that cocky, can he?" Usually the answer is no. Most of these guys are generally nice guys (at least the ones I've emailed/IM'ed/talked to). I don't know DCB personally, but considering some of the mutual friends we have, I really don't think he's as arrogant has his "I pump and dump" t-shirt would have you believe.
Examples: White Dade, Virgle Kent, DCBachelor.

So there you have it- a few of my favorite blogger guys and why I love them so much.

23 comments:

Bad at Life 7/17/2006 02:35:00 PM  

Well color me flattered to be one of your favorite blogger guys--and described as a writer no less. You're definitely one of my favorites too.

Ashburnite 7/17/2006 02:37:00 PM  

B@L- aww thanks :-). Reading your posts never feels like work; and it's true- you and WD can definitely write.

None 7/17/2006 02:41:00 PM  

I have been very ADD lately, haven't I?

Dissing Your Dog is actually my most focused blog. The MySpace one and the Xanga are even more random, but DYD is the main blog.

Thanks for the shout out, my dear.

I-66 7/17/2006 02:48:00 PM  

shucks

I don't have ADD though, no matter what any -- ooooh, shiney thing.

Melissa 7/17/2006 02:53:00 PM  

What a great ode to the men! This was an awesome post!!! (Of course I66 is my favorite cause we go wayyyy back.)

Ashburnite 7/17/2006 03:19:00 PM  

cody- yes, you have been, hun. But we all still love you.

i-66- haha...my point exactly.

velvet- thank-you. he is pretty great, isn't he?

Anonymous,  7/17/2006 03:21:00 PM  

You're so right on with these guys, great post.

mgc 7/17/2006 04:17:00 PM  

is being random guy good? it is nice to, hey i had my teeth filled today. it's nice to be noticed as a nice guy to date... i love to date, but my wife is not to fond... of me dating others, so i avoid it. it's hot today. what's for lunch? i have to go get my ankle xrayed now. ok. bye. really ok bye.

p.s. - i love you too ash!

minijonb 7/17/2006 04:20:00 PM  

awww, ash, you're gonna make me blush... or explode with excitement, whichever comes first =;-) thanks for the compliment.

AlienCG 7/17/2006 04:37:00 PM  

You have officially rendered me speechless. Thank you, Ash.

Raincouver 7/17/2006 05:15:00 PM  

Uhm... speaking of writing... can we get an update on "doing it right" guy?

Also - I need to get to Happy Hour!

sammygeerock 7/17/2006 05:45:00 PM  

Thanks Ash! Random, Nice, Writer whatever, thanks for the shout out! Do I owe you sushi for this too?

Ashburnite 7/17/2006 06:22:00 PM  

sweet- thanks. I do love my blogger men :-)

mgc- being random is definitely a good thing...esp. since those of us with ADD can't pay attention for very long.

mjb- explode, huh? ;-)

Ashburnite 7/17/2006 06:24:00 PM  

acg- wow...you, speechless? damn, I'm good.

raincouver- yeah, so "DIR" didn't work out...no chemistry. But I'm optimistic. Btw, congrats.

sammy- I always accept sushi ;-)

KassyK 7/18/2006 10:21:00 AM  

WOW So true...So true. Great post. :-)

White Dade 7/18/2006 01:37:00 PM  

THank you for guilting me into reading this post. Seirously. I come accross as cocky in my posts? Really? No wonder girls are always disappointed when they meetr me in person...

Beakerz 7/18/2006 02:21:00 PM  

though we aren't blogger friends (yet), I'll help ya out and put myself in the random thoughts pile.

Dope does that, but I'm workin' on it =)

Unknown 7/18/2006 02:44:00 PM  

I love you now, thanks for the link. I'm putting one for yours up on my blog. Thank you and hopefully more women will swing by as a result of your kind words.

roosh 7/18/2006 06:08:00 PM  

i tone it down for the blog

Anonymous,  7/18/2006 08:03:00 PM  

HAHA, I knew this one would get TONS of comments! They all love you too, Ash. Guaranteed! ;)

Anonymous,  7/19/2006 10:19:00 PM  

Ricardo sent me. He said I should drop by here and read what was written. I liked this entry...I often catagorize people by how they post. I'm glad to see someone else does the same. :)

Captain Caveman 7/20/2006 12:12:00 AM  

Can you tell me how I can cut down my female fans? I'm beginning to get scared.

Anonymous,  7/20/2006 08:19:00 PM  

Awesome, I'm a random guy. I thought for sure I'd make, "He can't really be that cocky can he?" guy list. I will make an effort to be more self-aggrandizing than usual so I can make that list.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP