Retraction

Thursday, July 13, 2006

I want to thank everyone that commented on the last post. For obvious reasons, I deleted it. The friend "Jamie" read it and I feel terrible for hurting his feelings. But I will not apologize for the way I feel about the whole situation. The simple truth is that he hasn't been a friend to me. He turned his back on our friendship quite a while ago and has no idea of what I've been through. I can understand that he has been through a lot, and is really hurting. But no one has had a perfect life. We all have our issues, but that is no excuse for hurting the people who care about us. All I can say is that I hope "Jamie" someday finds happiness and is able to appreciate the things he does have. He is a good person and has a lot of people who care about him. I'll always care about him, but I have to look out for myself first and foremost.

3 comments:

DCVita 7/13/2006 08:10:00 PM  

I am not sure what the whole story was, but just know that there are people there that will support you and be there for you. Friends are not perfect, but the ones that matter the most, are the ones that care enough to stay through the bad. I have just recently had that revelation. Although it hurts to let go, sometimes it is the best for your own sanity.

Tara 7/13/2006 09:16:00 PM  

I've also had a few instances where I have had to kind of let go of a friendship. I stopped referring to one friend as a "friend" and am considering her as an acquaintance because as much as I have tried to be there for her, she has either hurt me or ignored me. It's not a friendship if it feels like pulling teeth to communicate. If she comes to any of us if something happens in her family, then yes I'll support her, but aside from that, she has to make the next move in frienship, and she hasn't done that in months.

Anonymous,  7/13/2006 09:27:00 PM  

Brave decision, Ash. I admire you for putting it out there and getting it off your chest. Probably felt a lot better than holding it all in.

And I'm sure we've all been there with friends at some point or another. I know I have!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP