A Few Quick Notes

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

There are a few things that I want to blog about, but I haven't had very much time or motivation lately, so they have to go on the back burner for a few days- at least until I get back from my mom's house (yep-going out of town for the weekend-again). I think I need a vacation after all of these "vacations." I just need a weekend of doing nothing.

But I digress. Just a few notes. I finally got to meet Nicole and Eric last week. We had a great time at Chipotle. It was our own H^3, since none of us were able to go to the DC Blog Happy Hour Friday night. Both Nicole and Eric are just as cool and laid-back as you would expect. All in all, a good time- I'd definitely hang out with them again.

Speaking of H^3, I'm torn about whether or not to go to the next one. On one hand, I'm a little curious to actually see some of the DC bloggers in person, and I've been wondering what BAL looks like. And both he and VK seem like they'd be fun to drink with. V seems pretty cool as well. On the other hand, I am kind of relishing the idea of remaining a mystery. One of the reasons for that is I am not the same person that I am in this blog. Minijonb once posted about Multiple Web Personalities, and I think he may be on to something. My blog personality is the out-going person that I wish I was. I am actually painfully shy and quiet when I first meet someone- especially if that someone is a guy. I (somewhat) open up later- after I've talked to that person for a while. Some people have accused me of being snobby. I am really not snobby- just shy. So I don't think I would fit in with the crew at H^3- they are like the popular kids in high school, and I'm still the quiet chick.

On another note- that asshat stalker of White Dade's is still trolling the blogs. Apparently this guy is even more pathetic than we thought. He's been giving me crappy ratings on Varb. That's really mature, Dennis (or whateverthefuck your name is). The thing is, my Varb rating means absolutely nothing. I'm the only one that sees it, and since I know that you are the one messing up my score, I'm ignoring it- it means even less, because it isn't my real rating. So GET A LIFE and stop trolling blogs, you pathetic freak.

There. I feel better, now that I've gotten that out of my system.

Anyways, that's all I have the energy to write right now, so I'll try to update before I head out for the weekend. By the way- how's that for name-dropping, Dade? Hope everyone (except dennis) has a great day!

23 comments:

Tara 5/10/2006 09:13:00 PM  

Hey, you're not the only one who has a Blogger alter ego. I am very shy around people. I finally met up with a few people awhile back with a friend of mine when we went to Arizona. We all met, had lunch and I became very comfortable with the people I met. I think it also depends on their personalities too. I'm jealous, you got to meet Nicole and Eric! Luckyyyy! :)

mgc 5/11/2006 12:39:00 AM  

i like to remain a small picture in sepia. i will not disappoint anyone that way.

i have no idea what varb is or counts od trolling, but dennis is an assface!

None 5/11/2006 01:36:00 AM  

I think some people get their jollies by just going through varb and giving low ratings.

Anyway, I'm not too sure about meeting other bloggers. Seems like it might kill the mystery a bit.

  5/11/2006 08:04:00 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  5/11/2006 08:05:00 AM  

I think I am the same online and offline. As to dating and not opening up, I think a decent guy would recognize your initial hesitation that as being ladylike. There’s nothing wrong with an initial distance; if anything, forced laughter and pretending to enjoy my company would be turn-offs (and yes, men do have an instinct that tell them so). As long as the “real you” doesn’t take four or five hours to emerge if you are actually getting along well, then all will be fine.

Ashburnite 5/11/2006 08:26:00 AM  

tara-I guess a lot of us bloggers are like that- shy at first. Nicole and Eric are both very cool.

mgc- haha...maybe that's why I like to remain a Marilyn Monroe- esque thumbnail pic.

cody- I think you may be right there- it's sad, really. I give almost everyone 9 or 10- unless it's a preachy religious blog- I can't give a high rating to someone who's trying to push their religion on me. And I don't give high ratings to people who have pop-ups and software upgrade cues. But all other blogs automatically get a good score.

jack- I hope you're right. so far, the guys that I've met from this blog (and from MySpace) seemed disappointed that I wasn't as lively and out-going as I am on my blog. Guess it just takes a little while for me to get comfortable with people.

Kathryn Is So Over 5/11/2006 09:02:00 AM  

Take it from me, the bloggers in attendance at the Happy Hours are not the cool kids, nor do they have the cool kid attitude. Everyone's happy to meet everyone, and everyone has been the unsure first-time attendee once before.

Well, except DCB. ;)

Ashburnite 5/11/2006 10:31:00 AM  

kathryn- yeah, I've heard that about DCB. You all seem pretty nice, except VK- he sounds like a cocky mf, you're just the popular bloggers, which is slightly intimidating.

VK- thanks for the tips. humping my leg, huh? you say that like it's a bad thing :-)

Ashburnite 5/11/2006 12:38:00 PM  

anon- H^3 is the "Hater's Happy Hour." basically a blogger's happy hour.

mgc 5/11/2006 01:02:00 PM  

ash,
i rather like your thumbnail MM. very sexy and a good choice.

haters happy hour? why haters?

minijonb 5/11/2006 01:58:00 PM  

MWPD is fine... just don't let it mess up your real life identity.

Relax a little... if you're even half as flirtalicious in real life as you are on your blog, you can mix it up with the cool kids no problem.

I haven't found a local H^3-esque club for bloggers in Michigan yet, but I do hang with people who like to take pictures of our hometown... mine are the blurry pix =:-)

None 5/11/2006 02:08:00 PM  

I don't even use varb. I just have it because it might generate some hits.

word ver was "zyouhedd"

Ashburnite 5/11/2006 03:05:00 PM  

mgc- thanks...I love it anytime someone compares me to Marilyn, so I thought I'd just make her my avatar- and the sexiest pic of her (of course). Not sure why it's called Hater's Happy Hour.

mini- "flirtalicious" huh? why thank you. I'll take that as a compliment.

Cody- I wish I didn't have Varb. I tried taking off the link, but apparently that douchebag had the Varb page bookmarked. I put it back on, hoping my blog buddies would help me out and counter-act any damage he has done.

AlienCG 5/11/2006 04:30:00 PM  

I actually do not have a blogger alter ego, per se. Being me is hard enough, I don't have the time nor the patience to be anybody else.

My first meeting with anybody from online took place at the Seasoned Gamers Spring Fling last June. 23 people from across the country and Canada gathered in Cuyahoga Falls, OH for two days of partying and golf. The next one is in New Jersey in June.

Pete 5/11/2006 06:36:00 PM  

No way! You got to meet Nicole and Eric? If that was me, that might just be the celebrity highlight of my life!

I mean... she knows Hammer!

Ashburnite 5/11/2006 06:48:00 PM  

alien- so it's not easy being cg?

guru- yes, it certainly did make my week.

White Dade 5/11/2006 07:14:00 PM  

Good lord! Was it just Blogger convention weekend? Should I ever visit DC I will plan it around such an event. Then I will blog aobut it incessantly. Then I will make out drunk with whatever intern does the blog links for Womkette and the journal of my vacation will be linked for 3 straight days. HAHAHAHA!

Ashburnite 5/11/2006 07:23:00 PM  

actually, Dade, it's 2 guys that now do Wonkette. but if you want to make out with them, I'm sure at least one of them would be more than happy to oblige- especially for such a tasty gym-body as yourself.

Anonymous,  5/11/2006 08:42:00 PM  

Okay, I officially suck. It took me all day to get around to reading blogs but it's for a good reason -- I've been running around like a chicken on crack for two weeks because I'm preparing to buy the house I'm renting. It's not a done deal yet but it's been sucking up most of my concentration.

But enough about that. It was, OF COURSE, great to meet you, Ash. We must do that again. And if you decide to fraternize with the DC peeps then let us know.

Sorry it took me so long to make my way over here. I've been awful lately!

Anonymous,  5/11/2006 08:43:00 PM  

Tara, you think Ash is LUCKY for meeting us??? You don't know how many times she tried to escape...! ;)

Anonymous,  5/11/2006 08:45:00 PM  

Okay, I admit, I'm running down this list of comments and I just laughed out loud at Guru's. Why is that kid always cracking me up????

Bad at Life 5/16/2006 03:07:00 PM  

VK's right, just show up to these happy hours a little bit sauced and you'll be fine--well, that's the only thing he's right about. It only takes a little bit of drinking to make me look good.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP