You Asked for It....

Monday, May 22, 2006

A few people have asked my why I don't have any pics of myself on my blog. There are several reasons- 1. I rather enjoy my anonymity and 2. I don't like any pictures of myself that have been take in the past 3 years. I gained weight when I moved to this area, which now I am trying like hell to get rid of. I've already lost 15 pounds and have about 15 more to go before I look like I did in this picture. I have to say, though, that this picture of me was taken when I was probably the healthiest weight I've ever been. During high school I had a bit of a problem with food, and looking back at the pictures from that time, now I see how disgustingly thin I was. This is one of the few pictures of me that I actually like- I was a normal weight, had a great tan, and, although my hair looks dark in the pic, it was it's natural medium blonde and healthy. So here you go- a pic of me- looking (in my humble opinion) my best- and the way I will look again soon. I'm the second from the left- light blue shirt.

It's amazing how difficult it can be to find a great group of friends after college. I haven't talked to "my girls" in a couple of years, but this was a few years ago at a "reunion." Yes, the girl in the middle is incredibly tan, and yes- she is supposedly a white girl. I have never seen anyone as tan as her, and we all constantly lectured her about the dangers of spending 2 hours a day in a tanning bed.

So anyways, you asked for and you got it. Now stop asking!

14 comments:

Nicoel 5/22/2006 06:42:00 PM  

I think you look great in that picture, and good luck with the weight loss.

I kinda like my anonymity as well

Lebatron 5/22/2006 06:55:00 PM  

Umm, the second from the left has a white shirt. The one on the far right has a blue shirt...which one is it? haha

Ashburnite 5/22/2006 07:00:00 PM  

g-bread- thanks. I'm trying.

lebatron- no, I'm wearing a pale blue shirt- the girls on either side are wearing white.

AlienCG 5/22/2006 07:11:00 PM  

You look good in that picture, and I'm sure you look good now. You will succeed with your weight loss, you have the power.

KassyK 5/22/2006 08:49:00 PM  

I think you look great as well...I tend to post a lot of pics only bc I did manage to keep in touch with an amazing group of girls after college and A LOT OF them --i heart email/text/phone(from college and high school) and we are all addicted to posing for the camera...vain..maybe? But super fun to pretend to be a celeb for five seconds. :-)

mgc 5/22/2006 10:47:00 PM  

ash,
one thing age gives a real man is the beauty of ALL women, but keep up the hard work because it is good for your health.

Anonymous,  5/23/2006 12:06:00 AM  

What MGC said

Ashburnite 5/23/2006 07:55:00 AM  

alien- thanks...you should be a motivational speaker :-)

kassy- it's not vain of you at all- you can pull it off. I wish I was a little more vain instead of painfully shy.

mgc & david- thanks guys. Now I know why I love older men ;-)

KassyK 5/23/2006 10:20:00 AM  

Ash-You are a really pretty girl...I'll help you get over the shyness. There is SUCH a diva in there dying to come out and pose.

minijonb 5/23/2006 11:45:00 AM  

mmm... do I detect a shade of red in your hair in that photo?

welcome to the real photo club, kiddo.

Ashburnite 5/23/2006 12:02:00 PM  

Kassy- thanks, but I don't think there's an ounce of diva in me. Maybe a little when I drink, but that's about it. I'll definitely have to come out drinking with you guys sometime.

mjb- yes, there was a reddish hue there- you likey?

minijonb 5/23/2006 12:18:00 PM  

of course i likey the red hair. you saw my post. gets my motor runnin'... {edited for the safety of the young viewers at home} =;-)

Ashburnite 5/23/2006 12:51:00 PM  

mjb- I don't think any of my viewers are going to be offended, so go ahead and be vulgar- you know that's what gets MY motor running.

Anonymous,  5/23/2006 08:22:00 PM  

Calm it down, hottie. Just calm it down. ;)

So how many date offers have flooded your inbox today?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP