My Weekend in Pictures

Sunday, May 07, 2006


I promised you guys that I'd bore you to death with the pictures from my weekend in Solomon's Island, and I always try to keep my promises, so here you go: (by the way- the pic at the top- while you guys were slaving away at work on Friday, that's what I was doing..and try not to pay attention to the fact that I am in desperate need of a pedicure)



One of my reasons for going....Putz. He is such a sweet dog. I have missed him so much!





This little guy hung out with us all weekend. Apparently he's very domesticated- he came within inches of the boat. Then once he realized that Putz couldn't get to him, he started teasing him like crazy. The poor dog almost had a damn heart attack.

Rob. Really fun, laid-back guy who used to be the manager at the marina. We hung out a few times last summer, but he quit part of the way through the summer. Apparently he's actually an engineer, who was tired of the 9 to 5 and wanted to just hang around a marina for a while. Anyways, my uncle and I were talking about how the marina wasn't the same without Rob, and bam! Rob and his friends show up. There was some sort of fishing tournament and he and his friends were competing. The top prize was $100,000, so I can't say I blame these guys for getting up at 4 AM. Anyways, my uncle and I were so happy to hang out with the best damn Marina Manager in SI again. And to anyone who knows my dirty mind and is wondering- we are just friends.

My uncle "tinkering" with the boat.



My tribute to Minijonb's Blurry Grand Rapids site. I call it "I need a tripod so my night pics don't all turn out shitty." Although, they all ended up looking pretty cool, so I guess I can't complain too much about my shakey hands.

Anyways...that's all for now. I don't want to bore you all too much. And by the way, my lesson this weekend- SPF 60 doesn't keep you from burning to a crisp when you are on a boat in the sun for 4 days straight. Final pic- the color of my stomach, chest, thighs, shoulders, and face:

17 comments:

mgc 5/08/2006 01:59:00 AM  

ahhh, you are back. goodie!

i like the dog. is he old? looks like me sorta grey on the chin.

good marina people are great. my parents used to own a house boat on lake mead and we would go hang out there and drink and laugh. good times.

good luck on the burn. lots of aloevera.

mgc 5/08/2006 02:18:00 AM  

hey i thought you would appreciate this (my sick mind...)
don't forget the soap

mgc 5/08/2006 03:19:00 AM  

tidy bowl


fucking links never work!

Tara 5/08/2006 07:19:00 AM  

Great pictures! Looks like you had a nice relaxing, fun weekend!

Happy Ashburnite Appreciation Day too! :D

Kirsten 5/08/2006 08:09:00 AM  

yeah!!!! and life can return to normal....welcome back girl..I hope you realize how much you were missed...I didn't even bother going on this stupid computer while you were gone...lol..what a loser, as the smoker would say...anyways...got a job to do today, so I will update later...take care and welcome home
:)Just me

Ashburnite 5/08/2006 09:50:00 AM  

mgc- thanks. Putz is about 10 now, but he's had that gray "beard" since he was about 2.

mgc- nice. that would be fantastic, wouldn't it?

Tara- thanks. it was very relaxing. And yay! it's my day!!

kirsten- thank-you. it feels good to be appreciated.

sammygeerock 5/08/2006 02:31:00 PM  

Even your dog's name is a yidish slang word!!!! I can see the appreciation/affection started at a young age.

None 5/08/2006 03:12:00 PM  

You at least need a monopod.

FW 5/08/2006 03:19:00 PM  

Nice pics but I'm so jealous of that peace and calm!

minijonb 5/08/2006 05:10:00 PM  

blurry pix? ahhh, i've created a monster =;-)

glad you had a good weekend.

Ashburnite 5/08/2006 05:14:00 PM  

sammy- yes, yes it did. long time, no see.

cody- I'll have to look into it.

furtive- thanks. it was definitely peaceful.

minijonb- just my little tribute to you!

Lebatron 5/08/2006 05:23:00 PM  

Funny how things like that work, huh? That is, how Rob showed up randomly when you were talking to him.

AlienCG 5/08/2006 05:51:00 PM  

Great pictures. It looks like you had a very relaxing time. Now it's time to return to reality and work.

Ashburnite 5/08/2006 06:24:00 PM  

Lebatron- indead, it is strange...maybe I'm psychic.

alien- yeah...unfortunately, it's back to the real world.

Anonymous,  5/08/2006 08:48:00 PM  

That looks like one fun weekend! I loved messing around on boats, but I never was much of a fisherman. Still it helps to have a bit of a tan before you spend four days in the sun. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Anonymous,  5/08/2006 10:53:00 PM  

HAHAHA! These are great, Ash. And someone obviously had some fun... :)

White Dade 5/10/2006 02:44:00 PM  

Ash, don't you know talking about dumb shit you did this weekend with people nobody who reds you blog knows is only cool is those people are New York Bloggers? Geex. YOu have so much to learn.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP