Kathryn Gets Some R.E.S.P.E.C.T

Wednesday, May 17, 2006


So I was at the gym tonight, getting my nightly cardio in and watching NBC4, when I saw that they are doing a series this week called "Meet the Blogger." On Monday they focused on Pat Thibodeau (aka KOB) of DCBlogs.com; yesterday it was Mike Grass of Express and DCist; so today I was expecting someone from Wonkette or similar (more news-ish blogs or blogs that catalog all of the interesting posts on other blogs). Well, I was quite surprised to see the lovely Kathryn today. I'm very happy that they decided to interview at least one of the "little guys" (although, I'm not sure if I'd call her that- she's pretty much the Queen Bee of DC Blogs).
They haven't posted the story on their site yet, but you can catch the video of her interview (along with Pat's and Mike's) here.
Very good interview, Kathryn....and Congratulations. Much deserved recognition!!

***And on a related note, if you happen to go to DCBlogs.com and look at today's "DC Blogs Noted" (ie, the main page), you may notice a certain blogger listed(as the 2nd most popular outgoing link, btw)- so yay for me, too!! So thank-you, KOB***

***edit- they finally posted the bit about Kathryn on the site. Check it out.

14 comments:

AlienCG 5/17/2006 07:30:00 PM  

Very cool, and I was happy when I got linked on your site. Congratulations!

Nicoel 5/17/2006 07:42:00 PM  

Definitely cool!

Congrats

Ashburnite 5/17/2006 08:04:00 PM  

alien- thanks. Happy to be linked on my blog? Wow- am I actually one of the popular kids now??

g'bread- thanks. and thank-you for stopping by.

minijonb 5/17/2006 08:12:00 PM  

Ashburnite rocks the DC blog world! You go girl!

Bad at Life 5/17/2006 10:18:00 PM  

Congrats. Always very cool getting those props.

mgc 5/18/2006 01:26:00 AM  

finally, i am close to a celebrity.

Unknown 5/18/2006 07:09:00 AM  

Every little bit helps. Hopefully they'll interview you someday.

Ashburnite 5/18/2006 07:46:00 AM  

BAL- thanks. I've actually seen you on there a few times.

mgc- haha...a celebrity? Yeah, ok.

ricardo- I don't think I'd want them to interview me- I'm horrible on camera- get nervous and forget everything I want to say. plus, I rather enjoy my anonymity.

Kathryn Is So Over 5/18/2006 09:04:00 AM  

Thank you! I was really pleased with how it turned out, and I am definitely a "little guy" compared to the others they are interviewing. The Wonkette guys are up tomorrow!

Ashburnite 5/18/2006 09:44:00 AM  

Kathryn- I'll have to check out the Wonkette guys

minijonb 5/18/2006 12:51:00 PM  

I just read the interview with Kathryn. She's got a good outlook on the blogging world. You should go do those meetups more often.

White Dade 5/19/2006 03:22:00 PM  

"Meet the blogger." Wow. That is incomprehensible here. I tihnk we have one site that does the occasional interview. But congratulations to you and miss Kathryn.

Anonymous,  5/20/2006 10:04:00 PM  

CONGRATS, ASH!!!!

Someone has definitely made her mark on the DC blog scene. I'm just honored to be associated with you. ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP